B.E. : National Institute of Technology, Surathakal, Karnataka ( 2000 ).
MS : University of Florida, Gainesville, USA ( 2004 )
PhD : University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA ( 2007 )
Research Areas : Aircraft Flight Controls, Adaptive Control Systems, Active Flow Control, Synthetic Jet Actuators, Renewable Energy: Wind Energy, Solar Energy, Microbial Fuel Cells, Engine Control, Cognitive Robotics, Intellectual Property Rights (Patents)
Major Post-Doctoral Industry Experiences : RSM Electron Power, Deer Park, New York, USA (Nov'07- July'10), GE Global Research, Bengaluru, India (Nov'12 - July'15)
Major Academic Experiences : Assistant Professor (Regular, AGP 8000) - IIT Guwahati (Sept'10 - April'12), Associate Professor (AGP 9500) - IITRAM, Ahmedabad (July'15 - Jan'19), Professor (AGP 10500) - IITRAM, Ahmedabad (Jan'19 - Till Date)
Contact Details : Email: email@example.com Phone (O): 079-67775408 My researchgate page: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Dipankar_Deb4
- Book Series Editor, Control System Series/CRC Press/Taylor and Francis Group
- 1. D. Deb, S. Aramanekoppa, P. Srinivasan, M.N.R. Devarakonda, Method and Engine Controller for Diagnosing Waste Gate Valve Malfunction and Related Power Generation System, US 10385794 B2, Filed: Sept 22, 2016, Pub date: March 30, 2017, Granted date: August 20, 2019.
Published Patent, Downloadable file: https://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat20170089286.pdf
- 2. P. Srinivasan, M.N.R. Devarakonda, W.C. Vining, E.O. Reinbold, D. Deb, Engine controller and methods for controlling emission and power generation system using the same, US 10329979 B2, Filed: Sept 15, 2016, Pub Date: Mar 16, 2017, Grant Date: 25th June 2019.
Granted Patent, Downloadable file: https://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat10329979.pdf
- 3. D. Deb, M. Sivasubramaniam, P. Srinivasan, S. S. Aramanekoppa, P. K. Patchaikani, A. S. Kulkarni, S. W. Freund, J. M. Fritz, G. Bikas, J. H. Yager, S. Kiran, Method and Systems for Exhaust Gas Control, US 10253731 B2, Filed: Feb 17, 2016, Pub Date: June 9, 2016, Grant date: April 9, 2019.
Granted Patent, Downloadable file: https://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat10253731.pdf
- 4. D. Deb, A. K. Ambekar, D. R. Sagi, Method and System for Hybrid Wind Power Generation, US 10066604 B2, Filed: May 12, 2015, Pub date: Nov 19, 2015, Grant date: Sept 4, 2018.
Granted Patent, Downloadable file: https://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat10066604.pdf
- 5. D. Deb, P. Srinivasan, M. Setria, M. N. R. Devarakonda, D. Bhatt, Method and System to Control Exhaust Gas Recirculation, US 9863344 B2, Granted: Jan 9, 2018, Filed: June 22, 2015, Pub Date: Dec 22, 2016.
Granted Patent, Downloadable file: https://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat9863344.pdf
- 6. P. Srinivasan, M.N.R. Devarakonda, J. M. Fritz, D.G. Norton, A. Aramanekoppa, M. Setria, W.C. Vining, D. Deb, Systems and Methods for Model Based Control of Catalytic Converter Systems, US 9605579 B2, Filed: Dec 12, 2014, Pub date: June 16, 2016.
Granted: March 28, 2017, Downloadable file: https://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat9605579.pdf
Journal Publications (SCI Indexed)
- 1. S. M. Rajkumar, S. Chakraborty, R. Dey, D. Deb, "Online Delay Estimation and Adaptive Compensation in Wireless Networked System: An Embedded Control Design," International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems (Springer), 2019, SCI-indexed, Impact Factor: 2.181.
- 2. A. P. Singh, D. Deb, H. Agarwal, "On Selection of Improved Fractional Model and Control of Different Systems with Experimental Validation," Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation (Elsevier), 2019, (SCI, Impact Factor: 3.967), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnsns.2019.104902
- 3. R. Patel, D. Deb, "Nonlinear Adaptive Control of Microbial Fuel Cell with Two Species in a Single Chamber," Journal of Power Sources (Elsevier), 2019, (SCI, Impact Factor: 7.467), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2019.226739
- 4. S. Mishra, K. Bhargava, D. Deb, "Numerical Simulation of Potential Induced Degradation(PID) in different thin-film Solar cells using SCAPS-1D," Solar Energy (Elsevier) (SCI, Impact Factor: 4.674), June 2019, doi: 10.1016/j.solener.2019.05.077
- 5. H. Dhiman, D. Deb, J. Guerrero, "Hybrid Machine Intelligent SVR Variants for Wind Forecasting and Ramp Events, " Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, (SCI, Impact Factor: 10.556), 2019, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2019.04.002
- 6. H. Dhiman, D. Deb, V. Muresan, M. L. Unguresan, “Multi-Criteria Decision Making Approach for Hybrid Operation of Wind Farms, Symmetry MDPI, 11, 675 (SCI, Impact Factor: 2.143), 2019.
- 7. H. Dhiman, D. Deb, V. Muresan, V. E. Balas, "Wake Management in Wind Farms: An Adaptive Control Approach, " Energies, MDPI, 12(7), 1247 (SCI, Impact Factor: 2.707), 2019, doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/en12071247
- 8. A. Gojiya, D. Deb, K. Iyer, "Feasibility Study of Power Generation from Agricultural Residue in Comparison with Soil Incorporation," Renewable Energy (Elsevier) (SCI, Impact Factor: 5.439), April 2019, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2018.11.003
- 10. R. Patel, D. Deb, "Parametrized Control-Oriented Mathematical Model and Adaptive Backstepping Control of a Single Chamber Single Population Microbial Fuel Cell," Journal of Power Sources (Elsevier), 396, 599-605, (SCI, Impact Factor: 7.467), July 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2018.06.064
- 11. A. Nath, D. Deb, R. Dey, S. Das, "Blood Glucose Regulation in Type 1 Diabetic Patients: An Adaptive Parametric Compensation Control Based Approach," IET System Biology (SCI, Impact Factor: 1.392), April 2018, DOI: 10.1049/iet-syb.2017.0093
- 11. D. Deb, N. Brahmbhatt, "Review of Yield Increase of Solar Panels Through Soiling Prevention, and a Proposed Water-free Automated Cleaning Solution, " Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 82 (3), February 2018, Pages 3306-3313 , Elsevier, SCI, Impact Factor: 10.556)
- 12. U. Prajapati, A. Rawat, D. Deb, "A Novel Approach towards a Low Cost Peripheral Security System based on Specific Data rates," Accepted to Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, January 2018. (SCI, Impact factor: 0.929), https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-018-5305-5
- 13. M. Sharma, P V. Achyuth, D. Deb, S. D. Puthankattil, R. Acharya, "An Automated Diagnosis of Depression Using Three-Channel Bandwidth-Duration Localized Wavelet Filter Bank with EEG Signals," Cognitive Systems Research, July 2018, (SCI, Impact Factor: 1.384), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cogsys.2018.07.010
- 14. M. Sharma, D. Deb, R. Acharya, "A novel three-band orthogonal wavelet filter bank method for an automated identification of alcoholic EEG signals," Applied Intelligence, August 17, 47 (2), 1-11, 2017 (SCI, Impact Factor: 2.882), https://doi.org/10.1007/s10489-017-1042-9
- 15. D. Deb, G. Tao, J. O. Burkholder, D. R. Smith, “Adaptive Compensation Control of Synthetic Jet Actuator Arrays for Airfoil Virtual Shaping’’ Vol. 44, No. 2, AIAA Journal of Aircraft, 2007 (SCI, Impact factor: 0.963)
- 16. D. Deb, G. Tao, J. Burkholder and D. R. Smith, “Adaptive synthetic jet actuator compensation for a nonlinear tailless aircraft model at low angles of attack,” Vol. 16, Issue 5, Pages 983 – 995, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 2008. (SCI, Impact factor: 4.883).
- 1. H. Dhiman, D. Deb, “Decision and Control in Hybrid Wind Farms," Springer Nature, Studies in Systems, Decision and Control, ISBN 978-981-15-0274-3
Book Flyer: https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789811502743
- 2. D. Deb, A. Dixit, L. Chandra, “Renewable Energy and Climate Change – Proceedings of REC 2019,” Springer Nature, Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, doi: 10.1007/978-981-32-9578-0
Book Flyer: https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789813295773
- 3. R. Patel, D. Deb, R. Dey, V.E. Balas, Intelligent and Adaptive Control of Microbial Fuel Cells, Springer Nature, Intelligent Systems Reference Library, doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-18068-3.
Book Flyer: https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783030180676
- 4. D. Deb, R. Dey and V. E. Balas, “Engineering Research Methodology: A Practical Insight for Researchers” Springer Nature, Intelligent Systems Reference Library book series, doi: 10.1007/978-981-13-2947-0.
Book Flyer: https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789811329463
- 5. D. Deb, V. E. Balas, R. Dey, “Innovations in Infrastructure – Proceedings of ICIIF 2018,” Springer Nature, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, doi: 10.1007/978-981-13-1966-2.
Book Flyer: https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789811319655
- 6. D. Deb, V. E. Balas, R. Dey, J. Shah, “Innovative Research in Transportation Infrastructure – Proceedings of ICIIF 2018,” Springer Nature, Lecture Notes in Intelligent Transportation and Infrastructure, doi: 10.1007/978-981-13-2032-3.
Book Flyer: https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789811320316
- 7. D. Deb, J. Burkholder, G. Tao, Adaptive Control and Diagnostics for Systems with Complex, Nonlinear Actuators and Sensors, accepted under book series "Studies in Systems, Decision and Control", Springer.
- Shah, S., Sharma, M., Deb, D., & Pachori, R. (2019). An Automated Alcoholism Detection Using Orthogonal Wavelet Filter Bank. In Machine Intelligence and Signal Analysis. Springer Nature.
- Deb, D., Deb, T., & Sharma, M. (2019). Redesign of a Railway Coach for Safe and Independent Travel of Elderly. In Machine Intelligence and Signal Analysis.
- Malepati B.S., Vijay D., Deb D., Manjunath K. (2019) Parameter Validation to Ascertain Voltage of Li-ion Battery Through Adaptive Control. In: Deb D., Balas V., Dey R. (eds) Innovations in Infrastructure. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 757. Springer, Singapore.
- Patel R., Gojiya A., Deb D. (2019) Failure Reconfiguration of Pumps in Two Reservoirs Connected to Overhead Tank. In: Deb D., Balas V., Dey R. (eds) Innovations in Infrastructure. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 757. Springer, Singapore.
- Makadia U., Kumar P., Parwani A.K., Deb D. (2019) Simulations of Exhaust Gas Recirculation and Its Impact on NOx. In: Deb D., Balas V., Dey R. (eds) Innovations in Infrastructure. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 757. Springer, Singapore.
- Harsh Dhiman (EE PhD: 2017-20) Wind Energy Forecasting and Battery life Optimization
- Anil Gojiya (Co Guide: Dr. Kannan Iyer) (EE M. Tech: 2016-18) Residue Based Biomass Plant Feasibility and Biogas Control
- Ravi Patel (EE M. Tech, 2016-18) Adaptive Control Techniques for Energy Efficient Microbial Fuel Cells
- Umang Makadia (as Co-guide; Dr. Ajit Parwani: Supervisor) (Mech M. Tech: 2016-18) Numerical Simulation of Exhaust Gas Recirculation and CO2 Recirculation
- Shubham Mishra (with Dr. Kshitij Bhargava) (EE M.Tech 2017-19): Study of Potential Induced Degradation (PID) in Solar Panels
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (SMIEEE)
- Member, IET
- Life Member, Eta Kappa Nu (Honor Socity of Electrical Engineers)
- National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Scholarship
Received it both in the 5th and 9th Grades of my High School.
- “Adaptive Control of Wind Turbine Blades Using Synthetic Jet Actuators,” Department of Science and Technology, Fast Track Grant, 2011.
International Conferences conducted at IITRAM
- First International Conference on Innovations in Infrastructure, ICIIF held on 18-19 May 2018. http://iitram.in/iciif/
Role: Program Chair
- First International Conference on Renewable Energy and Climate Change, REC held on Feb 1-2, 2019, http://iitram.in/rec19/
Role: Program Chair
Active Reviewer International Journals
- Automatica, IFAC Journal
- Solar Energy, Elsevier
- Journal of Power Sources, Elsevier
- Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier
- EE Department Coordinator
(July 2017 - Till Date)
- EE Department Placement Coordinator
(Achieved 90%+ Placement in Electrical Department in the batch that passed out in 2018).
(September 2016 - September 2018)
- IITRAM Library Committee Member
(October 2015 - Till Date)
- IITRAM's Student Startup and Innovation Policy (SSIP) Faculty Co-ordinator
(May 2017 - Till Date)
- Perspective Planning Committee Member, Instrumentation and Control Department, NIRMA University
Sept 2017 - May 2018