Download Rules & Regulation form for Hostel in PDF format
Hostel Admission Form
- Admission is open to full time students of IITRAM. Preference will be given to out-station students.
- The application form completed in all respects should be submitted to the Office of Registrar on any
working day during office hours.
- Admission to the Hostel will be canceled if incomplete or false information is furnished.
- Applicants who are offered admission in the Hostel will be informed by letter/email or any other
manner. They will have to take the accommodation within the time frame given, failing which his/her
admission will be cancelled and the seat will be offered to other student.
- Admission will be valid for duration of study. One can cancel the admission at the end of semester.
- Students will be required to vacate the room within 3 days on completion of the scheduled
examination each year.
- Students are allowed to stay in the Hostel during the Winter / Summer vacations by permission of
- Students are required to give their consent about continuing the Hostel facilities in the next year,
when asked by the authorities.
- IITRAM reserves its right to cancel admission of undeserving students without giving any reason.
- IITRAM reserves its right to increase the hostel fee, if necessary.
- IITRAM will not be responsible for any mishap.
- Hostel accommodation is tentative, which depends on availability of the accommodation.
- Student residing in the Hostel managed by IITRAM shall strictly observe all the Rules and
Regulations enforce from time to time. Breach of rules / regulations may invite rustication / fine.
- During their stay in the Hostel they will be under the control of the Officials of Hostel / Rector.
- Smoking, consumption of alcoholic drinks and spitting is strictly prohibited in the hostel premises.
- No guest or visitor of the inmate will be permitted to visit rooms. Visitors and guests should be
received in the Visitors room or Reception area only between 9.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
- Every student shall be in his / her hostel by 10.00 p.m. If he / she has to stay out after the said timing
owing to any special reason, he / she must obtain prior permission from the Officials of hostel. The
application for leave of absence from the hostel shall be made in writing through Rector and his/her
permission shall be obtained.
- No students shall use the service of a hostel servant for personal work even on payment. He/she
shall also not bring any servant from outside even temporarily.
- No functions or celebrations shall be organized except with the permission of the Officials of Hostel
- No poster etc. should be put up any where, either in rooms or lobbies.
- Throwing of water, colour etc. on one another and on the walls / property of the Hostel is strictly
- Allotment of the room, furniture etc. will be entirely at the discretion of the Officials of Hostel /Rector.
- Every student shall keep the room allotted to him clean and neat. He / She shall take proper care of
the furniture and fixtures handed over to him / her. The Hostel authorities have the right to enter and
inspect the rooms at anytime, even in the absence of students.
- Students are expected to switch off the lights and fans in their rooms every time they go out and take
precautions to economies electricity consumption.
- Charges for any damages to the property as well as to the furniture and fixtures caused by a
student/students negligence will be recovered from the student/students staying in the said flat /
- Student should not drive nails, screws etc. into the wall or doors. No repair shall be done by the
students themselves. They should approach the Officials of Hostel /Rector who will arrange for
- Hostel is meant only for the use of bonafide students of IITRAM. Visitors are not allowed to enter any
- The Hostel Authorities did not hold themselves responsible for the safe custody of the property of the
students staying in the hostel. Students should have their own locks and should take proper care of
their belongings. They should not leave the key of the room anywhere around. IITRAM will not be
responsible for the loss of personal belongings of the students.
- All the facilities including additional facilities misused, shall be discontinued without given any notice
and disciplinary action will be taken against the students involved.
- Before leaving the hostel, a student must pay all dues and hand over the charges of rooms and
other material insatisfactory condition to the Registrar.
- If any student is found misbehaving and misconducting himself, he/she will be expelled from the
hostel immediately and the fees paid by him/her will be forfeited.
- Permission must be sought and obtained, if night outs (only for local guardian and parent’s house)
are desired from hostel in charge, 2 days in advance.
- Any complaint (indecent behavior/noisy) from the neighbors/society will result in severe action.
- Hostel is required to be vacated with luggage in every summer vacation.
- Refund of Hostel deposit is allowed only in the case of cancellation of admission.